Sunday, June 20, 2010

First Race of the Season


The Golden Wheelmen had a nice start to the season. Unfortunately, with the 1 week weather delay, we had a number of riders who couldn't race. Nonetheless, we had some good results. Highlights include first place finishes for Jason Cherry and Amy Rosenbaum. Jason's time would have placed him 15th in the Pro division! I have updated the results section with all top 5 finishes.

Team results aren't accurate at this time. Team 1 only had 7 riders counted despite the fact we had 8 riders present. I don't know how our standing will change, as it looks possible that the same error occurred for other teams. The WP race department told me they would look into team scores and have them corrected by Thursday.

I have one picture to post so far of Amy on the podium. I'm expecting a number of photos later this week. I'll post them as they become available.

Next weekend's race is a good one. It looks to be the same course we raced last year.

Most of you saw the wind vest which I was able to sneak onto the order at the last minute. If you like this vest, let me know. I've been wearing mine quite a bit. It is very nice on slightly cool days. We can place an order if we have at least 12 people interested in ordering. Cost was $66.

No comments:

Post a Comment